Wednesday, December 4, 2013

I Miss You When You Leave

This is an unexpected and short post. I know I have no leg to stand on in regards to blog respites. I in fact think they are important for us all. They give us a chance to reconnect with the real world and all those we love in our real lives. What really makes me sad though, is when someone decides to quit blogging entirely, and even worse when the blog is closed down without any explanation. My mind tends to run to 'worst case scenarios' and I worry about my bloggie friends.

I was able to have a brief but nice chat with Desiree from Driftwood Ramblings, our dear friend from South Africa after connecting with her daughter on Linda's FB page. And now Marsha from Spots and Wrinkles has 'Unavailable' on her last post. The text says this blog is no longer available. Sigh…I do hope she is well. If anyone knows anything about our dear friend, please let me know.

Please, if any of you decide to leave our blogging community…would you leave with us knowing why? Even just check in maybe once or twice a year? I have lost a dear friend to cancer in our blogging world. I miss her sweet blog and always inspiring words. But to not know what has happened when it is an abrupt departure is just so sad.

Much love to you all and forgive me if I've stepped on toes. It is never my intent. I do, I mean I really truly  do feel like we have a dear community in our blogosphere and I truly do care for each of you.

Hugs and Loves~Loves~Loves~ 

14 comments:

Shelly said...

I am just like you, my friend, in wanting to know that people are OK when they leave blogging. You are right- we have a vibrant, loving blogging community and I would not want to hear anything bad has happened to any of our friends. xo

Sush said...

Thanks, Shelly…I keep all my friends in my heart…wherever you all may go! Big hugs~and don't leave!

Barbara F. said...

Since I started my blog in 2011' several very popular ones with thousands of followers have just disappeared, most without any explanation and removed entirely. Do not understand it, but I guess when it is time, it is time. xo

yaya said...

I agree. I miss some of my favorite blogs that have just disappeared. I made arrangements for someone to close out my blog if I die...seriously! I'm not planning on that happening for a bit, but just in case, I'm covered!

Sush said...

Barbara F…I do understand that for some it becomes more of a chore than a joy. I just pray that they are all doing well and living their life!

Thanks, Cathy…I think I'll do the same. I think my daughter will get the privilege since she is the one who suggested I start this blog! xox

thisisme said...

Hi my friend. What a good post. I think we all genuinely care for each other in our blogging world. After all, we know all about their families, we share their joys and, also, their heartache. I also have been wondering what happened to Marsha and I do hope that everything is ok. We all take little breaks, because we get busy or things happen in our lives, but we all understand that. I'm sure Emma will let you all know if anything untoward happens to me! Hopefully that won't be for many years yet. Sending loves and hugs your way dear Sush.

Bouncin Barb said...

I have had a few just vanish. No warning. No problems made known. Scary. Do me a favor,. If I ever say that I'm going to quit blogging again..slap me, would you? Great post. Hugs xx

Weekend-Windup said...

I have just started my blogging work. So i don't have so much of experience in it.

Sush said...

Diane…NOPE not for a long long time will I be willing for you to leave! How about me first? ;) Hugs to Emma and safe travels dear friend!

Barb…I'm so glad your 'quiting' was a respite. Those I can handle! No slapping but I can bug the H out of you on FB, lol!

Weekend-Windup..welcome to the lovely world of blogging we are a great and kind community.

Janie Junebug said...

I feel the same way. I felt very grateful to connect with one former blogger on Facebook.

Love,
Janie

Kathi said...

That was sweet… and I appreciate you!! You're right… glad you said it...

Sush said...

Janie…it is another great way to keep up!

Kathi…I'm glad we have more than one way to connect!

Jennifer Hoppins said...

Great post Sush! I have often wondered how Desiree is. It is sad when someone decides to leave blogland. I love this blogging community and the friends who I know here are in my heart! In fact, while I've been reaching out to make new friends locally for Elliot's sake, and value all of those wonderful people too, there's something incredibly special about blog friends. I promise that if I leave blogging to work on a book, I will give you notice and keep in touch often!

Sush said...

Thanks Jenny, I would miss you dearly! Hugs~