Thursday, March 20, 2014

Meet Molly

Life is so joyous if not very busy and hectic around these parts! Joy abounds for we now have a darling, wonderful and so precious new granddaughter…Molly Christine. Molly arrived February 26 and we could not be happier! Mom, Dad, Grace and Molly are doing very well, if not somewhat sleep deprived. And so it goes…

Grace had her first sleepover sans Mom and Dad while waiting for baby sister's arrival. I was anxious to join the expectant parents per their invitation but wanted to make sure Grace was snug as a bug and sound asleep first! While we were trying to fall asleep as a team she was very busy entertaining her Gramma and Aunt keeping us in giggles. Then she would sit up give us a stern look and say, "No more laughing" and proceed to do another funny thing that would send us into another fit of laughter. Finally, she was able to calm us down and quiet us enough so she could fall asleep!

Once I  made sure everyone on the home front was soundly sleeping I headed up to the hospital to check on the progress in the labor department. Needless to say, Mom was very busy with her job at hand. I tried to sit on the sidelines and let them have their special time with as little intrusion as possible. It was a very real reminder of just how miraculous and extremely hard work giving birth is. I can't begin to tell you how honored and touched I was to be included.

Around midnight when it was apparent Molly was not rushing to join us I headed home to try and catch a few winks so I'd be of sound mind (well that is always questionable) for Grace in the morning. I got a call at 3 AM Molly was soon to arrive. I threw on my clothes rushed out the door and joined the new family just in time to see Molly being gently cradled in Mom's arms! Around 6 AM I headed back to my home to be with Grace. Aunt Elise held court for Grace until 9AM while I grabbed a few more hours of sleep. 

Later in the afternoon Grace and I went up to meet her sister! How sweet is this new family? I am in love with every one of them and Molly is so blessed to be the newest member of this loving branch of our family tree!



We can't get enough of this sweet baby girl. Molly you are so loved and so dear…thank you Erin and Scott for giving us yet another lovely grandchild to love and cherish.

Loves~Loves~Loves~

20 comments:

thisisme said...

Lovely to see you here my friend, and congratulations to all on the birth of little Molly, another granddaughter to be loved and adored by your wonderful family. Gorgeous photos. Molly Christine is like a little doll! Couldn't be happier for you. So many blessings you have there dear Sush. Hugs to you.

Sush said...

Hi Diane…had to grab a bit of time to record the birth of that Angel! I wish I had more time to visit all my favorite blogs, but our house is in reno mode and a complete mess. Wedding bells are keeping me busy running the streets for all the needed appointments etc. Thank goodness for the blessings and love of family and friends…y'all keep me grounded!
Big hugs and much love to you my friend!

Kathi said...

Your kids sure make some beautiful babies!! Oh Sush, what a sweet baby girl! So happy for you and the joy you are all experiencing... xoxo

Sush said...

Thanks Kathi, they certainly do! And raise them to be loving, caring and responsible as well! As my Mother always said…'Not a lemon in the bunch'!
Hope you are doing well…big hugs~

Empty Nester said...

So sweet! Truly a happy, loving family!

Sush said...

Thanks Pam! They really all make me happy!!

Shelly said...

What beauty and loveliness! She could not be born into a better family. Hugs of congratulations to you!

karen said...

Another new one - and such a beauty too! I know you're having fun, my friend! Congratulations to all.

Bouncin Barb said...

Congratulations again Grandma! Molly is just beautiful. Doesn't it seem like yesterday that you were writing about Grace with excitement on her birth? Time does fly and your clan is certainly growing rapidly!! Love it. Keep those pictures coming my sweet friend!! Hugs XX

Sweet Tea said...

Ohhhhh, what a busy, happy time in your family!! Thanks for sharing it with us. Sweet Molly is a beauty!! Congratulations, Sush!!

yaya said...

Hi Sush! You certainly are a busy lady and how wonderful to spend it with this cute family. I love the name Molly...welcome to the world Molly! She and her sister will keep you hopping and also there will be tons more giggles ahead..enjoy this time!

Ellie said...

Hi Sush, congratulations all around on the safe arrival of baby Molly. She is gorgeous! Is is so nice when a new baby is born. :))

Sush said...

Shelly, Thanks so much for the kindness! We are in love with our sweetheart! Enjoy your trip! Hugs~

Karen, Oh indeed we are having fun! I can't wait to read about your upcoming joys with Lexi! Hugs oh and I am loving your hair cut!

Barbara, You are so right! It does seem like yesterday…it seems like yesterday I was at the hospital holding Trey our first born grandson! Much love to you dear friend!

Deb…Oh thanks for stopping in! And how exciting your son and wife are coming to visit. We treasure our visits from our out of town children! Hugs~

Kathy, Oh we are going to have loads of giggles for sure! I love all the goings on in your neck of the woods! Hope you are seeing more and more signs of Spring!

Ellie, HI!!! So thrilled you stopped in! How goes it with your gang? Molly is bringing us all such joy!

Shelly said...

Beautiful, adorable, precious, sweet, magnificent...and so much more! Congratulations!!!

Janie Junebug said...

Molly is precious -- a true treasure.

Love,
Janie

Pat MacKenzie said...

My goodness! Every time I happen on your blog there's another baby born. It seems to me that Grace's birth was just announced and here she is, a big sister. Amazing. You are so blessed.

Shady Del Knight said...

Hello again, dear Sush!

Congratulations to one and all on the arrival of this precious little bundle, this miracle that is named Molly Christine. It's a beautiful name and she is a beautiful baby, already more than a month old. Gladness filled my heart as I examined these pictures and read about your adventures with Grace in the hectic hours leading up to Molly's birth. These priceless images will be circulated, discussed and cherished by every branch of your family tree as years go by. Little Molly is a very lucky child be a member of such a fine and loving family. God bless you all!

Jennifer Hoppins said...

Precious babe! I'm thrilled for all of you. So many blessings to fill up the heart. I'm thankful for these stories of love.

Sush said...

Shelly, thank you dear friend! I know you are enjoying Israel!

Janie! So thrilled to hear from you! Big hugs!

Pat, LOL now really you with more grandkids than I know it is every time you turn around! I am enjoying each and every one of my grandkids!

Tom…Thank you for popping over to visit! I miss being able to chat with you via comments, lol! Soon, the wedding is coming so soon…I may have some of my life back! Hugs!

Jennifer…She is a very sweet babe and a real smuggler! Elliot would love her! xoxox

Haddock said...

A happy moment for all.