Wednesday, September 30, 2015

And Then There Were Nine


I have been away from my blog for way too long. I'm unable to access my photographs. I've tried every which way. It obviously is going to require a trip to the Genius at the Apple Store. Time being a sparse commodity these days, I'm still working on making that trip.

This is an attempt to see if I can get some photographs on here in a back door way. Because the reason for this post deserves photographs aplenty!

The last post I wrote was about our daughter's wedding to her Dearly Beloved. I'm happy to announce that she and her husband have blessed us with another grand baby...NUMBER NINE! We now have six girls and three boys. Lorelai Elise was born on August 6, 2015, 4:42 AM. Her sweet Mom was experiencing problems with edema and rising blood pressure and protein which lead to preeclampsia. What was supposed to be a routine check with the Dr turned into 'Go Directly To The Hospital Now' moment.

Elise was a brave Momma working to bring her sweet Lorelai into the world. It was a moment in my life that truly there aren't enough words for. I had been warned it's different when it's your daughter giving birth. They were so right and as I was there and an involved participant it was also thrilling and terrifying at the same time. I'm glad for the years of practice keeping it calm on the outside while internally there is a tempest brewing.

As the story or Lorelai's birth is her Momma's and not mine, I'm going to go directly to the main reason for this post and present to you in photos our sweet, beautiful, precious...new kid on the block...

                                                               LORELAI ELISE



Mom and Dad worked very hard on Lorelai's nursery. That Degree in Design paid off once again!





She's been a really sweet baby from the beginning. Mom and Dad are doing a beautiful job in their new role as parents! I'm having a wonderful time playing Gramma with a new baby all over again!

We've had a busy year. All the family is in good health, the rest of the grandkids are doing wonderful. I hope to write another post soon and show you how they've grown.

Loves~Loves~Loves~

8 comments:

yaya said...

Congrats to you and your family! Your little Grandbaby is adorable and I love her name too! I also have 6 Granddaughters and 3 Grandsons...after having only boys all those girls are a true gift! Glad all is well and it's good to have you back blogging!

thisisme said...

Welcome back to blogging, dear Sush. It's funny how a few of us are gradually sneaking back! Congratulations to you all on your NINTH grandchild / a new baby in the family is so precious! I love the name and loved all the photos, especially the first one with her little arm up. Awww!! The new nursery looks great by the way. What a pain about your photos , but glad you could get these up! x

Sush said...

YaYa...I didn't know we had matching families! How fun! Elise I was sure was another boy...imagine my surprise and joy! I grew up in a family of five girls and one boy at the tail end. I think the Lord makes has a sense of humor!

Diane...I am so blessed. Lovely wonderful family AND now my own personal Genius. Son-in-law has fixed problem with photos. No waiting at Genius Bar!
Lorelai is just so soul pleasing! Nothing beats holding a baby! Have fun on the remaining leg of your USA excursion!

thisisme said...

So pleased that son in law fixed your photos. How wonderful! NINE! So many blessings you have there! Yes, babies are the most wonderful treasures.

Avized Suppris said...

I adore everything about this post. it's basically my life. me time = best time.xxx

Bossy Betty said...

SWEETNESS! What a beauty!

Tanzir Rahman said...

Beautiful baby. So cute :)
clipping path service | photo retouching service |
neck joint service | photoscissor

Ellie said...

Hi there Sush it's so lovely to hear from you. What a gorgeous wee baby you have there. There's nothing quite like a new baby is there. Congrantulations to everyone.
I was so sorry to hear about your surgery I hope you are recovering well from it. Take care of yourself. xx